Hatch vs PE Designs
Machine embroidery is a textile decorating technique that involves creating patterns by applying embroidery stitches to fabric using a sewing machine. To create these patterns, it is necessary to use embroidery software, which allows you to digitize images or draw original patterns.
In this article, we will compare two of the most popular embroidery software programs: Hatch and PE Designs. We will look at their strengths and weaknesses to help you choose the software that is right for you.
Hatch is an embroidery software program developed by Wilcom. It is available for Windows and Mac. Hatch is a semi-professional software that offers a good compromise between features and price.
Strengths of Hatch
- Ease of use: Hatch is a relatively easy-to-use software, even for beginners.
- Wide range of features: Hatch offers a wide range of features, including image digitization, pattern drawing, embroidery stitch editing, and automatic pattern creation.
- Attractive price: Hatch is a relatively affordable software, making it a good choice for small budgets.
Weaknesses of Hatch
- Performance: Hatch can be a bit slow on older machines or computers with low processing power.
- Technical support: Hatch technical support is only available in English.
PE Designs is an embroidery software program developed by Brother. It is available for Windows and Mac. PE Designs is a consumer-grade software that offers simple, easy-to-use features.
Strengths of PE Designs
- Ease of use: PE Designs is a very easy-to-use software, even for beginners.
- Technical support: PE Designs technical support is available in French.
- Affordable price: PE Designs is a relatively affordable software, making it a good choice for small budgets.
Weaknesses of PE Designs
- Limited features: PE Designs offers limited features compared to Hatch. For example, it does not allow you to edit embroidery stitches or create automatic patterns.
- Limited file formats: PE Designs only supports a limited number of embroidery file formats.
Hatch and PE Designs are two embroidery software programs that offer different advantages and disadvantages. Hatch is a semi-professional software that offers a wide range of features and good value for money. PE Designs is a consumer-grade software that is very easy to use and offers French technical support.
The choice of the software that is right for you depends on your needs and budget. If you are a beginner and you are looking for an easy-to-use software, PE Designs is a good choice. If you are more experienced and you are looking for a software with more features, Hatch is a better option.
|Starting at €199
|Starting at €69
|Wide range of features
|Ease of use
|Easy to learn
|Very easy to use
|Only available in English
|Available in French
|Can be slow on older machines
|Supports a wide range of formats
|Supports a limited number of formats
- PE Designs is a good choice for beginners who are looking for an easy-to-use software with French technical support.
For experienced users
- Hatch is a good choice for experienced users who are looking for a software with a wide range of features and good value for money.